For the 2nd time since I have been going to Atlanta to see a client, my great friend and "zone" bud Chas met my son and I at a restaurant on the intestate on our way back to Lexington last Friday.

The internet is GREAT. I wouldn't have a friendship with you folks but for the Synthzone.

But, sitting together in person, even if it was only for a 1/2 hour is fabulous. Internet contact only is like looking at the world in black and white...you miss all the wonderful mid-tones.

Chas is undoubtedly one of the most talented musicians here...in the top three for sure. And he is the one I'd like most to play with.

We're sort of joined at the hip in the areas of music, politics...almost everything.

His has been a life of accomplishment: far more skills achieved than most.

And he is one of the kindest, most giving people I have ever known. He says lunch was cheap and he picked it up so I would get the next, more expensive one. Lunch was NOT cheap. Calamari, and two entrees for my son and I . He only had a coffee...a $40.00 plus coffee.

He is shouldering more than most of us right now, but still worried about his friends, dedicated to the Habitat project in New Orleans for displaced musicians, works for military related 501(c)'s and I'm sure is the greatest grandpa and father ever.

He was totally courteous and polite to my sometimes arrogant son (wonder where he gets that?), and Logan wants to visit Chas at home for a longer time next trip...maybe play a few turnes.

I do, too.

Russ

(Hey, Chas. Call about that Cannon XL-1. You would have a ball with it, and it's no longer viable for us...You are welcome to it).

Edited by captain Russ (12/09/19 03:49 PM)