Quote:
Originally posted by Douglas Dean:
I could go on and on but Tony when you say the main reason is because there is no FUTURE for technics keyboards you show your ......, well I will not say it.

When the Ford model A was discontinued I suppose you would say there is no future in it? Get rid of it? Junk? That is one of the most sought after items even to this day. You see them in parades, in shows, in displays, in fine collections and remain of great value to this day. This was a product way ahead of it’s time and set a standard for all to follow conceived by a man of great vision.

Grandpa ... show my what???? ... if you are thinking it, then you may as well say it ...

And when the Model A was discontinued, I wonder how many people at THAT time kept it because they knew it was going to be sought after so many years later ??? .... and let's be honest ... while it is sought after, it is only a select few who are looking for one ... and even those that have one are driving a much NEWER model on a DAILY basis, and NOT using the A for it's original purpose - transportation ...

I still own my Fender Rhodes ... do I use it for gigs ? ... NO!, because it doesn't do what my kn1000 does ... do I still use my kn1000 for gigs ... NO!, because it doesn't do what my kn6000 does ... UNFORTUNATELY, thanks to technics, I do not have a kn8000 or kn10000 to look forward to ... what will replace my kn6000??? ... At this time I have no idea, but if I live long enough, eventually something will ... too bad it won't be a technics ... but they (technics) aren't giving me that option ...
t.