Re: Taping over keyboard logos:

I've NEVER used duct tape on any of my keyboards (including the KN5000). I covered up the Technics name on my KN5000 (with my own 'name-logo' sticker, NOT duct tape) only because the club owner I was working for at the time, insisted on it because he felt that Technics didn't have the keyboard name brand recognition (according to him) that Yamaha, Roland, and Korg had. He may have been wrong in his reasoning, but I needed that job (steady work) so agreed to paste my own logo name sticker over the Technics name. In the end though, I must admit having my logo sticker appear on the keyboard (side facing the audience) ended up being a good marketing tool. Afterall, Technics doesn't pay me for promoting their keyboard, so why not promote myself instead.

On the subject of duct tape:

Believe it or not, I've actually attended several big name concerts where the keyboard logo & name was actually covered with 'duct' tape. I assume that the artists may have been protesting the FREE promotion the keyboard brand manufacters get when their keyboards appear on stage, yet the artist not compensated.

I rest my case. . . with duct tape over my lips.