Originally Posted By bruno123
Donny you have done it again, good subject.

1-I had to ask myself what am I trying to accomplish. When jobs were plentiful I had purpose; there were people waiting to see and hear. That has changed.
2-When I bought my first Kn7000 I had all I needed to do a good job. From the Kn2000 each new model brought more of what was needed. It was so complete that the question was, “What else could they possibly add”? We wanted more so they gave us better ways to do the same thing – better sounds and styles.
3-A love for the music I was playing. I was born in 1931 so you know that kind of music I love. It was a blessing to go through a fake book and play.

My answers:
1-Simply said I want to enjoy music. I am now programming my keyboard with the music I love. Sight reading and memorization – I felt the emotion of the song I was playing. Many of the songs came with memories I lived through.
2-I would buy another Kn7000 if it were not for the age and possible lack of parts. My Pa4x does sound much better – but it can not fill the need that I have now. I play the music I love with my guitar with a few effects. It’s 90% me and 10% the guitar. There lies my need; my purpose, to enjoy. The musician today needs what the Pa4x offers, but they have a different purpose; music is different today. You wanna hear me do La Bamba, I’m surprised that no one ever shot me.
3-A happy home player is one that uses an instrument to bring out the emotions that he feels. It has nothing to do with the rest of the world.

I’m guessing that the last three cars I traded in are still going. Did I really need another car? No. but is one heck of a way of treating myself nice.
John C.

Thanx john seems to me from your writings and passion that you would be better off playing guitar and singing midi'd against a module arranger like the Roland BK7, Ketron sd40,sd90 etc,....
changes always have to be made to make it right inside you good luck...love your posts! cool2