Donny, this is a touchy subject, as no one WANTS to be quickly bored with something they just shelled out 4-5 grand for. But you'll notice, more and more folks here have 'fessed up to spending more and more time on their organs, digital pianos, accordions, synths, guitars, etc., as though there was a sudden re-discovery of these 'you actually gotta' play it' instruments. I think the reason (or perhaps the DIFFERENCE) is that when you sit down to a 'manual' instrument, the world is your oyster, the magic created is yours, the possibilities are endless. On the other hand, the arranger, when used as an arranger (what you paid the big bucks for), DOES have limits (maybe not actually but practically), and those limits are soon explored, manipulated, and finally, exhausted. THAT'S when the boredom sits in. It's one of the reason we sit around waiting on the 'new' model although we've only explored 20% of the model we currently have. Why? BOREDOM. Boredom with the sounds, boredom with the styles, boredom with the feature set, boredom (and frustration) with the fact that our playing skills have NOT increased and that if we sucked before, we still suck (despite the heavy outlay of cash).

I can truly say that I am never bored when I sit down to my organ or even my new SEVEN. Can't really say the same about by three arrangers. JMO.

chas