Originally Posted By DonM
I love all my arrangers, some more than others. It totally amazes me that I can sit here and sound like a full band, combo, soloist, whatever I like.
I played guitar for years, and now never pick it up. Never played piano. Can't play trumpet with phony teeth. smile
Only thing that bores me sometimes is that people want to hear the SAME songs every time. If I learn something new, most don't respond. Have to pick your times and audience though.
Maybe that's why I change arrangers a lot, to make the same songs sound different. smile
Wonderful Tonight
Margaritaville
Brown-eyed Girl
Can't Help Falling In Love
The Way You Look Tonight
Any Johnny Cash song
Just about any Willie Nelson song
Mustang Sally
Midnight Hour
Proud Mary
For The Good Times...etc. Are ALWAYS are well received. $$
They want to hear something they remember and that brings back memories. Seems even the younger people like classics, swing, old country, classic rock. Many have told me they know the songs because that's what their parents listened to at home.

Exactly Don as you well know like I do after so many years in the trenches what the performer likes means squat it's what the audiences like and can instantly relate to on the first note that matters most.
Play the new stuff in your bedroom by yourself to keep you from getting bored keys