Originally Posted By Dnj
As far as NH gigs when I was on the circuit I only played upscale NH's 99% all had a piano.....some one on each floor also Yamaha, Steinway, Kawai,.

You know, you just reminded me of something. All these new upscale independent living places they're building all over this state DO have expensive grand pianos. One place I play has this gorgeous sounding Yamaha Grand. Another has a $32K grand. Another has a brand new Kawai console. Many have them just for decoration in a small smoking room....others have them on or near a stage. But that IS part of the ornamentation....like back in the early part of the century...no home was complete without a piano.

Originally Posted By Dnj
The "early days" are GONE today your just a spec in the ocean in it's a sad state of affairs that you have to accept and stay stuck in the NH game

There's a story I read in the paper about 30 years ago that I never forgot.

A talented Russian Classical concert pianist either had to leave the homeland or did it by choice. Bottom line is he was not known here and couldn't get any work. When they interviewed him for a news article, he said he was doing the nursing homes. He also said this is the happiest he has ever been and that he would not go back to the loneliness of the concert stage for anything. That he found his niche in integrating himself with an audience and making them happy individually rather than collectively.