I don’t know…..it’s taken it’s toll on me….going to see these summer concert musicians. My thinking has changed dramatically these last few months. Not one of them had a keyboard newer than maybe 10 years. Some of them even had outdated Karaoke equipment. No one noticed…..no one cared. Why not just give in…….when in Rome, do as the Romans do.

I’m driving myself into a dither trying to do everything at one time: piano lessons to improve my playing skills still, learning new songs, staying aware of new music equipment (seems like there’s something new and revolutionary every day now!), studying story material for my shows. Something has to give and I think (and hope), with these piano lessons my presentation will improve to the point it will just be me and a good piano and I don't have to think about equipment anymore (though I haven’t ruled out going back to arranger playing).

Anyhow, thanks to you guys for the suggestions. I can see why they have “think tanks” and “brainstorming sessions” now.

Bill…..I DID consider the Roland, but NOT the FP90. The FP 30, but I can’t find one in the store to try. Also, I don’t want to go in for 2K until I know what I’m doing. But I will definitely consider the 30. For that kind of money it’s a no-brainer.

Bachus: That’s a really great idea that I didn’t think about. Hardly any weight and really good sounds. The glitch I found out when I Googled the SD40 and the Roland 2000. appx $2400 for each. Otherwise that really IS a great route to go.