Hi ... A few photos of my rig "in progress" ... one photos is of my most recent Tyros5 setup, before I bought Genos. I know that I don't *need* the 2nd keyboard; just have always had a 2nd keyboard as part of my rig. Way back, I used to have a 76-note lower keyboard and 61-note upper. That was when I was 20+ years younger, and weight of rig didn't matter as much! :-) Having 49 keys is a nice compromise, much more "comfortable" than my previous 25-note controller I used for some years.

Anyway, I'm leaning toward using the M-Audio Code49 keyboard on top of my Genos. I have programmed the buttons/sliders/pads on the Code49 to control the Genos. I have 36 Genos sounds I can call up quickly, and the sliders have 1 function I've set up for each which never changes ... so they make a nice addition to the sliders on the Genos. The drum pads are programmed to send 16 different MIDI notes to Channel 10, which I have set to Drums on the Genos. Nice for quick 'impromptu' drum fills or hits.

Photos attached (hope they come thru OK!)
Jim

Attachments
Genos v2 no.1.jpg

Description: Genos pic 1

Jim's Genos Rig v1.jpg

Description: Genos rig previous setup

Rock'n'Roll Run Rig-cropped.jpg

Description: My previous Tyros5 rig ...

Genos ECU.jpg

Edited by jimlaing (06/22/18 06:07 AM)