Steve, you're right: Miatas are not generally in antique car clubs. This one is a "Hi-bred", and includes divisions. The biggest is cars older than 25 years. The Miata is not that old. There are additional classes for old tractors, old large trucks (several antique horse vans), Mustangs and Sports cars (the Miata).

We have several events a month thru the fall; the biggest being at Boonsboro, where over 3,000 cars show up.

There's another club which only includes old cars. They had me put together a Rockabilly band last year. I donated my fee to whatever charity they were backing at the moment. I have booked 4 Rockabilly events this year, and will have a couple of very well known surprise guest performers who are also old car buffs.You guys would know them.

FUN FOR THE SUMMER. I run around the shows on my old Cushman Hilander, which usually wins a trophy in the "other" category, or a WW11 "Bumble Bike", made for the Canadian Air Force. This is basically a folding industrial bike with a 2 1/2 hp 2 stroke motor. After a crash, surviving pilots would ride to safety.

R.

PS: Many thanks to Don for posting the camera photo. My old computer goes crazy when I try to attach something, and "step and repeats" the attachment rapidly until shut down.

Edited by captain Russ (03/16/18 01:14 PM)