I've looked and read till I'm sick. Then all the comments on the internet about bloatware is disgusting. I'm taking a break. Lenovo 15" G50 4GB 500 GB with i3 $329 Best Buy then Hp r210 17" 6GB 750GB i5 $429 Best Buy and all loaded and more loaded with crap. Thanks for all the help.

Eddie Shoemaker has been a big help and I have an email from him of what to do after I plug it in to remove the crapola, update windows etc. I assume that if I wait, they will want $1200 for a $550 machine because they installed Windows 10 on it, whereas if I buy now, I can get windows 10 for free. I hate high tech. I should have lived in the Randolph Scott, John Wayne era of 1850 - 1910.

I think Gary is right. I type words ha ha, I surf the internet. No interest in playing and storing music nor videos. I check out some Jazz sax on youtube with earplugs etc. I've connected with a ton of old school buddies on a special Facebook Page. I don't even watch gunsmoke on youtube anymore since I've inherited Dish and my Son's large screen TV. If I start playing sax live again, no worry I've done that with BIAB on an ancient laptop Years ago.

You know what! If a few of you told me what you were doing with your system to need 8GB and a Trillion GB's HD, I might understand better.

This Gateway is working fine with an Intel processor I never even came across. My 4GB 500GB has very little space taken up after I won it a year ago and I'm on it hours a day every day. I wouldn't even be looking for a computer if it wasn't for this damn space bar. I just now showed a friend who wanted to see what I'm talking about. If you lay a hair on the space bar it types spaces for ever. Also if the cursor is on the scroll bar and you lay a hair on the space bar guess what happens? The screen will scroll. Go figure! Talk about a hair trigger, this is it. Thanks again for all of the help friends.

Edited by brickboo (05/28/15 09:21 AM)