XP was a good operating system and still favoured by some, however while good in its day; it’s not a patch on Windows 7 in any department, so if you are interested in an ultra-stable Windows platform go with Windows 7.

The latest Windows 8.1 has also improved on Windows 8 considerably since launch, and while still quirky (Windows 8 favoured touch screen over keyboard and mouse) is still a viable system.

Users of Windows 7, 8 & 8.1 will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free. (It will be provided by the Windows Update System)

Having used Windows 10 since the 1st technical preview came out, I can assure you that when the completed version is launched in summer (Probably a July launch) it will be a big improvement even over Windows 7 (And that takes some doing), and will put the spectre of Windows 8 to death the same as Windows 7 did for Vista.

Regarding Ram and CPU then unless you’re using audio or video editing software then 4GB will be fine when used with an SSD, (This is due to the SSDs high speed) The I3 CPU although only dual core, has hyper threading which will in general use give an I5 experience, however as mentioned before if your into audio and/or video editing then an I5 will be the minimum. (Just remember it doesn’t have hyper threading, so for top notch audio and video editing you would be better going for I7 as this does have hyper threading)

For what BrickBoo wants to do, the spec I provided in my previous post will be all that’s needed.

Bill