Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: hammer
Donny,
You're right. None the Apple computers would be anywhere near the $600.00 price range. However, have you looked at some of the latest Windows based tablets like the surface pro etc...? I think MS has decided if apple can overcharge and still sell products we can too.

Anyway, back to the topic. I still would take a very close look at what Asus offers in the price range.

Deane
disagree on this..... Computer speed increase has very much slowed down over the last five years, where normally people changed their computers every 3 years, today thats more then double that time.... I have a 3 year old macbook that still performa top, with i7 and 8gigs of memory and a gast ssd...

So buying a new laptop is something one really should not take to light

Dean... I hear ya ....what ever computer device you buy today will be ancient in a few months....it's an ever ending buy & sell that will never end in technology...... Apple ....Bose, .....etc, etc, all good stuff if someone is willing to pay the price for it $$$$$$$$$$$....otherwise there's plenty of other choices that will work just as well out there.

http://keyszone.boards.net