Thanks, Harry and Mike for your links. Firstly, Harry, that is a beautiful trumpet sound you created. It is very much like what I created but my choice of vibrato is just a bit but not much faster than yours. However, the vibrato you chose is perfect for taps. What I have found is that no matter how perfect a trumpet sound I can create, it just doesn't come up to a believable trumpet solo sound as the sound in Trumpet Soloist. That built in delay, the tonal quality...is very natural sounding and believable compared to the perfect vibrato created in Sound Edit. Clearly, the Trumpet Soloist in the keyboard was made in the style of Harry James. It works! I just wish the vibrato were even throughout.

Mike, thanks for the links. Very interesting and makes one more aware of what the trumpet range and technique is all about. The link in allrightmusic is very interesting but it doesn't necessarily pertain to sounds in the KN7000 so one can't create these sounds. I think, as you do that the only way around this beautiful Trumpet Soloist in the KN7000 is to not sustain the bad notes that have vibrations in question. I get around them by being able to improvise the melody and not stay on them but briefly.

The Trumpet Soloist is ideal for playing standards in a slow ballad way. It is not suitable for an up-tune song.

Mark