Originally Posted By: Dnj
Just my take...I think more people would buy and use vArranger if they knew so much more about it, setting it up, and using VST programs, etc, etc, in layman's terms step by step,....remember most players just want to turn on the KB and start playing not be a scientist to figure all this stuff out......

Thats true Donny, but for most people that just want to turn on the keyboard and play music, there allways is Yamaha, and they are just perfect for that, thats the kind of instrument Yamaha excels to design

But there is allways people with different needs, and then there is the pioneers, that want to try different things and different paths and that think different then most other peoples.... In general most of the time these pioneers are just weird people, but sometimes they are the reason why things keep innovating....

What Dan is currently doing is trying to copy what the best of the best arrangers do, and frankly i think combined with an SD1000 module or other great soundsource is almost on the same level as most much more expensive TOTL arrangers...

But i think he doesnt realise yet, that to create something really marvelous, he needs to think more out of the box, and add things really beyound what any hardware arranger is currently delivering...

If Varranger, at any time in the future outshines the static hardware arrangers in features, thats the moment people will realise that Varranger is truely something special...

http://keyszone.boards.net