Leeboy,
I have had Dan's vArranger, along with other keyboards, for about 3 years now. I trade off various keyboards for gigs and have vArranger for gigs of all sizes and have nothing negative to say about the software. It performs exactly as Dan as stated and with the added ability to play styles from a variety of keyboards it is possible to pick and choose from the best of all of them. I am not a youngster anymore. I use a Roland A-800 Pro midi controller which is very light to transport. There is a learning curve which is true of regular arrangers as well. I use vArranger with Ketron's SD2 Unit and the overall sound I get with my Bose L1 Compact is rather amazing. Yamaha styles sound pretty darn good but a few will need a bit of tweaking. I have tried yamaha styles from everything from the PSR3000 up to the Tyros 5 and all play well and for the most part are gig ready with little to no tweaking. I have also used Roland styles from several keyboard like the E50 and the E80 and have not had an issue with them. So far I have not done a lot with Korg styles except to audition some from various keyboards - they too play well. Like Dan said in his post - not every style from any given keyboard he supports will sound perfect right out of the box - however, I have not found many that can't be used.

I am an "Arranger Player" meaning I play chords with the left hand and melodies with the right hand. I am not a two fisted piano player although I can do that if needed. I do not use midi files, mp3s or sequenced stuff for my gigs.

One other note. Dan's level of support surpasses EVERY OTHER company I have ever done business with. He supports his product with great enthusiasm and is there for us when needed.

Leeboy, hope this helps. I don't have any experience with VSTs or any other software program for musicians so I can't compare vArranger to other software.

Deane