Originally Posted By: captain Russ

Tony, I think the reality that I can't do everything I want to is what's really bothering me.

Need to cut back, and that's harder than I thought it would be.

Should be glad I'm lucky enough to have the work. Just can't handle it all.

And that's really HARD to admit!

R.

Yes, it is hard to admit, Russ, but sometimes it's best for us to make the choices in slowing down (when and how), rather than Mother Nature stepping in and doing it for us, and she may not use a method we can live with...

In my case, it was my ego...it was difficult to admit to myself (and my friends even more) that I was no longer as fit to keep up the rather intense schedule I had slowly built up over the years (also ego driven, when I'm honest with myself about it).

I'm not saying that's your situation, but it does merit investigation. If I'm to read into your posts, you sound and feel much like I did before I made some changes...and, in retrospective, I am very glad I did make them.

I still play, and, I still help others, but it's at a chosen speed that makes my life so much easier to view, rather than watch it rush by in a blur. I am content.

My late Uncle Jim, who lived to be nearly 95, had a saying, "Life is meant to be sipped...not gulped."

I think you are at a crossroad and your posts are your way of getting your dilemma out in the open where you can see it better...things always look different when exposed to the light.

I wish you the best of luck, and any support I can give, regarding your inevitable upcoming decision...plus you have all your good friends here on SZ.

I hope it is you that makes the change (or changes) instead of, the far less predictable, Mother Nature.

Your friend in music,

Ian