Gary, you may not believe this but you actually played a big part in some of my recent lifestyle decisions. Although I have owned about 5 motorhomes in the past (we were always a camping family as my kids were growing up - my wife was heavily involved in international scouting), I sold my motorhome (and my plane) when we moved to Hawaii and didn't get back into RV'ing until fairly recently. One of the PRIME MOTIVATIONS was your recent sailing adventure. That was very inspirational to me and pushed me to get off my butt and try to do something similar. Since I can walk better than I can swim, I decided to go by land rather than by sea smile. There are advantages to both; the important thing is to get out there and do Something (otherwise you might as well pull the plug now and let the grandkids get a headstart on squandering everything you've taken a lifetime to accumulate). Luckily, I had a career (combined with being married to a professional woman AND being able to take advantage of the housing seesaw of the last six years) that has allowed me to pursue this late-life adventure. I haven't yet undertaken a trip that compares to yours (in terms of adventure) and so far have not gone further than Key West with many stops, including the Everglades, along the way. We are planning a 6000mi. trip cross country, up the coast to Alaska, and back home via the 'northern' route. Lots of details to take care of before that, though, including a (RV) driver training course for my wife. BTW, if I get killed on this trip, it will be YOUR fault (for starting me down this road smile ).

Otherwise, thanks for your concern. BTW, I'm pretty sure DonM knew I was kidding in the beginning.

chas