Originally Posted By: DonM
Just my two cents worth. . . Yes, DJs make a lot of money here at wedding receptions.
However, I became a musician because I love to play music. I became a singer because the singer didn't show up one night, and now I love that too. I became an entertainer because that sort of comes with the job. I DON'T want to be a DJ, although I have done a couple on the laptop a few years ago. I've made my living doing something I enjoy and will continue to do that until I'm "finished".
I will learn some new songs, but only ones I like and on which I can do a decent job. There still are some of those that come out from time to time. I won't do stuff I don't like, and there is a long list of that. I'm too old to start compromising on why I do what I do! smile Fortunately there continues to be an audience for "our" kind of music, and I think that will not change much in my lifetime. Be aware that is not a LONG time. smile

Yeah ... what HE said.