Ian, I, like most players here, have done those instrumental jobs in the past. For me, they were boring as Hell after just 30 minutes. We sometimes have to do them for 30 minutes or so while performing at private parties in large halls, mostly while the guests are being seated or eating dinner. Fortunately, after 30 minutes of being part of the wallpaper, we then have the opportunity to have fun as entertainers, which is what keeps ME going in this business.

As I've said many, many times, I'm not a musician - I'm an entertainer. Sure, I can play, but just not as well as most of the other forum members here. And, knocking hard on the door of age 74, I can still sing with the best of them. NO old man's voice here! Even after performing three weeks straight without a letup, I do not have any vocal problems, laryngitis, sore throat, etc... And, those symptoms are NOT age related - they are more related to the way you sing than anything else. I know guys that don't need a mic because they sing so loud - claiming they have a power voice. Those are the same folks that cannot speak at the end of a 4 hour job.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)