Bill......thanks for posting here. It gives me license to repeat what you said to me today.

Bill and I were tossing "war stories" around and he said something that knocked me for a loop. How could I be so dumb as to not see what was right in front of me.

The #2 remark of the conversation was: "people are not looking for great instrumentalists now.....it's all about "vocals!""

But the #1 remark was what really stood out for me: "people are looking for "action entertainment" no matter what form it comes in! There's no more sitting around listening to Henry Mancini playing Moon River or Roger Williams doing Autumn Leaves. They want excitement, and it doesn't matter whether the music or vocals is good or bad, as long as it's exciting!

So forgot the practicing every day to get better....just playing music is a dead-end street. Now it's.....find a way, entertainment-wise, to get people's minds off their problems, their fears, anxiety, worries about job loss, finances, health insurance....and the list goes on and on.

So, I think that solves my problem of what to do with my music (and my PA3x). And that is to go off in another direction than what I've been doing. As to what exactly, I'm not sure yet, but it definitely will be entertainment that gets people caught up in it rather than plain good music.

I'm starting to feel a little more positive about getting back into the music field!

Mark