Hi Spalding

A DAW is nothing more than a hardware workstation on a computer, thus they are interchangeable. (The computer just has more capacity) The Kronos is essentially a computer DAW with all the same features (Including its own plug-ins) with the only difference being you have to use what Korg gives you, rather than being able to load in what you want.

I use my computer for main work as it has a nice 24” IPS panel to work with which is easier on the eye then the small 8.4” screen on my keyboard, (Might get round to changing it for a 10” one day) and another reason why Organ/Arrangers are not ideal for production. (Interestingly most arrangers that come out these days have software for the iPad which gets round this problem but adds quite a bit to the spend if you don’t already have one)

As my Wersi is in itself a computer I can also use the controller directly with it if required, however I also have a Korg nano Kontrol (Which can be picked up for about £40) if I want to add a bit more control when finalizing.

Sound/Synth Engines consist of Analogue (Additive & Subtractive), FM, Wavetable, Sampling, Modelling & Effects; if you have all of these in your keyboard/DAW then it covers everything that has ever been made. (Thus 6 engines is all you will ever need, although you can have multiples of them)

Korg Arrangers are dumbed down versions of their pro-line (Hence they are difficult for the layman to get under the hood) so that they could compete in the home market like other manufactures, the other manufactures have made their arrangers primarily for the home market from the start. (Yes I am aware that Korg made an auto accompaniment keyboard in the early 80s, but the line was never continued)

Bill