You need to read my post again bill . I did not say that the sounds were the same quality on any keyboard whether arranger or workstation or that the manipulation of the the sounds were the same . I made the point that the arranger can do much deeper sound editing than just transposing octaves contrary to what the demo might lead folkes to believe . And I am not sure you have ever sequenced any original music at all on either workstation or arranger workstation . I have and the process is very similar as I described above . Here is a demo of creating a song on the Kronos http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7JHf1XqzBOU . The process is very similar to what I do on my pa1x . Not the same but very similar .

The detail of the extent the finished song can be mastered most likely will be finished on a daw just like any other workstation but the process of playing in to the sequencer the instruments , copying and pasting , overwriting ,over dubbing quantising ,micro editing , adding strength of swing , editing specific notes punching in and out , muting tracts to solo parts adding effects to tracks and the strength of those effects using the mixer , panning instruments detuning and so on are all similar to the functions on a workstation . Yes the workstation can go deeper , that is a given but in 90percent of the cases where a musician fleshes out a production they will finish it on a computer and not the keyboard itself in any case .

The general point I'm making is that the similarities between workstations and arrangers such as the korg range are more similar than different. Similar does not mean the same . And most workstation users would be very surprised by what can be achieved on an arranger keyboard workstation similar to what could be achieved on a traditional workstation ,and the speed that it can be done as I have demonstrated to my pro and semi pro musician friends week after week .

That's the simple point I am making . These dumbed down demos don't represent anything like what an arranger is actually capable of and in my view misrepresents the tools available on a totl arranger