Originally Posted By: cgiles
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Yup ... they're TOLD to like them ... and they follow like sheep. The media is not our ally. (alli?) They create millions of viewers who forget how to think. I agree .... turn the channel, but I would love to see some character in broadcasting. There is so little. Good shows, with thoughtful content and clever stories get cancelled because they can't keep the "Jerry Springer" mentality happy. I know I'm ranting, but I stick to my statement. MOST of TV shows are not worth my time, and they are a pollutant to the minds of everyone who gets sucked into the sensationalism.

Thank God Diki isn't able to join this post.

But luckily for you, I am smile smile. For the second time in maybe 10 years, I actually agree with DNJ (well, except for the MOB Wives part). For someone who doesn't like Diki's sometimes judgemental approach to things, you do a pretty good job of imitating it. We just can't seem to wrap our heads around the fact that all this stuff is SUBJECTIVE and what's right for you doesn't need to represent the bar. Why on earth should I accept that what YOU like and think the public should ONLY have access to is the way things should be. That's the same mentality that's going to force democracy down the throats of every nation in the world, whether they want it or not. The same mentality that has so-called 'missionaries' spreading the word through bad music blasted through 18" sub-woofers (how do YOU like people driving through YOUR neighborhood with boomboxes blasting on a peaceful Sunday morning?).

The world is rife with people who think they know what's better for you than YOU do. So Dave, if you look in the mirror one day and see Diki staring back at you, don't be too shocked smile smile.

Dig what I'm sayin'?

chas

Chas,
Thanx for slapping me back to my senses. That post was way out of line. I sometimes forget that I am the "odd duck" more often than not, and while my intentions are good, my view is not always conventional. I've marched to that different (digital) drummer my whole life, and it's nice that friends here at the ZONE can stay in our corners, even when we slip and let the mouth run before the brain is engaged.
My apologies to anyone who feels attacked by my post - I fully understand that if I were in charge of TV programming ... the world would read more. So, with THAT said ... keep those comments and critiques comin' folks ... I need the reminder, sometimes.

On to happier topics ... like Valentines Day - I have 4 beautiful daughters, 2 sisters and still have my Mom in great health - This week is gonna rock.
<3