When the warmer weather arrives, which this year, can't be too soon, the TV is abandoned for the sailboat. Yes, I do have a flat-screen 21-inch TV on the boat, which allows me to watch a movie or something else while anchored in some quiet cove. But there are times when the TV just doesn't get turned on. Instead, I just mix a tall Margaretta and watch the sun go down over Chesapeake Bay. Pretty soon, it's pitch black outside, the stars shine brightly and I just relax to the sounds of sea birds stalking through the adjacent tidal marshlands. Sometimes, on a really clear summer night, I spot a satellite or two zipping across the sky. It's amazing how fast those things move and never seem to hit anything.

This time of year, though, I get to watch shows like Pawn Stars, Swamp People, and when I can find it, Cheers, which was always one of my favs. Nealy all my music jobs are in the middle of the day, so nearly every evening is free. It's nice to eat supper at home with my wife instead of stopping at a fast food joint on the way to a nite club job, which is the way things were two decades ago.

As for good TV shows, I guess it's in the eye and minds of the beholders. I really miss Mash, Barney Miller, Night Court, Cheers, All In The Family, etc... Guess I'm really old and gettin sentimental. wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)