Originally Posted By: DannyUK
Originally Posted By: ianmcnll

Having said that, I'm still on the honeymoon stage with my Tyros4...the Tyros5 I played the other night was nice...but so is the Tyros4. I wasn't tempted to upgrade, and, quite frankly, Danny, I don't think I'd find much use for most of the T5's new features, like Organ World and Ensemble to mention only two.

Ian

Hi Ian,

I was looking forward to your impressions of the T5 so thanks for your comments. I'm the same as you regarding the T4 although I've not had it anywhere near as long as you, I am more than pleased with it and have absolutely no reason to upgrade, I have pretty much everything I want already in the T4. I am sure the T5 is an excellent keyboard but Yamaha haven't added or improved upon the the area's I was looking forward to the most. If anything, it's the S950 that actually has one ore two new ambient styles over even the T5! Very odd.

Yep, I think we've got a very nice package in the Tyros4. The Tyros5's Audio Drum based styles are very nice indeed, but, I'm already very content with the MIDI drum kits in the T4. I've been having a great time sprucing up styles and getting set up to do some recording these past few weeks, especially when the snow had most of us staying indoors.

My friend would have got a Tyros4 if they had been available with 76 keys, as he already has a 9000Pro(76-notes) and found it difficult going between it and the Tyros3 that he traded in for the Tyros5-76. He thought the T5's audio drum based styles were a nice addition to what it already had in MIDI styles. The Swing/Jazz and Latin are terrific.

I should add that the Tyros5-76 is a dream come true for those wanting the longer keybed...same ultra high quality FSX action with aftertouch (thank you Yamaha) and the instrument is heavy enough not to feel skittish and bouncy on a stand like one of those lightweight 20 lb 76'ers.

Plus, the Tyros5-76 really looks the business, it's size giving it a very professional look, yet it is not at all awkward to carry. My buddy simply loves the instrument.

I can't see me getting anything new for quite some time, and that's a good sign that what I have now is doing the job. wink

Ian