Not really Nigel. I think what Dikki means is that playing audio styles should be so clearly better and therefore preferable than playing the internal Midi styles that you generally would not want to use the midi styles . In the same way that playing a keyboards proprietary internal sounds such as yamaha's super articulation sounds are generally preferable to playing for example most GM equivalent. I will probably regret saying this (smile ) but in many respects I agree with Dikkis arguments from a musicians viewpoint .I think that audio has limited value other than for short loops.

I think that midi styles with better samples is likely to be the most value to musicians that create and edit thier own the content and don't just rely upon the suggested content that came with the keyboard. To those folks that just wish to plug-in and play then audio tracks are great until they get bored. And for most arranger players that really fall into this category, its not an issue because when they get bored as an proven time and time again, rather then dig in to their instrument and learn all its features and become stimulated again, they simply buy the next edition of that keyboard with updated content.

Edited by spalding1968 (01/14/14 02:51 AM)