Quote:
Originally posted by skude:
I would like to buy a new HD with the latest OS and factory settings for my Audya. Full HD clone of a new Audya "out of the box" Just to start all over again, maybe then without any bugs. That seems to be impossible. WHY??. I asked the distributor if he could get me one, but he told me to contact Ketron Italy. I e-mailed Ketron but no answer, I e-mailed again this morning. The support for this KB must be the worst in the world. During 40 years as a musican I have had all kinds of KB's and other gear, but I have never ever been in a situation like this. I'm not asking for anything for free, I just want to buy a new HD factory loaded. I have had my share of problems and still have "bugs" that is getting worse. I called the Ketron repairsenter, asked them if the could make me a factory HD clone, NO they had never done that before.I asked if they know anything about INT PHASE ERROR or left voice problem, never heard about it. I asked for the backup cd's, Ketron told the distributor there are no such cd's. And again, I never asked them to give me anything for free. This is just unbelievable! AJ can you help out with this?
skude

Skude,

You know I could make you up a HD, but I too have had INT PHASE ERROR a few times, it is rather worrying all this that you cannot get a local dealer to make you up a drive or get the factory to make one up. Like Jonny says hell if you really needed a part from Ketron would you get it before the T5 comes out.
I really have lost all enthusiasm with the whole thing, I did email TWD for you and I have not had a reply, I understand it from his point of view can’t imagine he is selling many Audya, and to been fault finding on KB that some else sold and made a profit on I can see why he may not want to help, the flood gates would open if people found out the there is only TWD who knows what he is doing with Audya. Frankly I think that TWD is the only person in the World who knows what he is doing with Ketron gear. Sad but I think it’s true.
I have not seen anything in my life time that compares with the way the Audya has been handled, what I find hard to take for dealers is Ketron can sell to Thomann in Germany and they can sell them cheap than the dealers can buy them, that has got to be a no brainer for Ketron dealer, I would cut Ketron loose and leave them to sell only though Thomann. You can now see why dealers don’t want to bugger around with faulty Audya, they never made any more on the sale in the first place.
I think by now we should all know the writing is on the wall, James new all this some time back.

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey