Originally Posted By: john smies

Like Don I am somewhat hesitant to enter in this discussion, not to say a little uncomfortable. I am in the dark as to why Joost , a fellow countryman of mine who lives at only 15 miles from where I reside, should have entered this post. I am all for calling a spade a spade but this feels wrong somehow, allow me to alleborate.
Yes it is true that there is probably no country in the world where , per 1000 inhabitants, more arranger keyboards are being used, than here in Holland. Probably goes back to its religious/organ history. Having said that it is also true that the vast majority of those playing attain a level which Diki would find shocking, hell even I find it shocking.
It is also true that this forum is basically a USA forum which a few stray members from Holland, Down Under and the oldies form the UK smile smile
It is also true that for too long a period of time this has been a forum hinged on the subject of "mine is better than yours ", but there has been vast improvement here. And like Diki says ( one of the few things I see eye to eye with him) these days it does not make all that much difference what motl or totl keyboard you play, they are all great.
But I am totally in the dark as to what point Joost is trying to make here. He and Rico are the two Dutchies who basically post their recordings , of outstanding quality no doubt about it, so what ? I have have rarely seen any posting by them to deal with sorting out problems etc. that fellow SZ members encounter with their instrument, one of the main objects of these forums I would say. The observation regarding those who do post their recordings may be true from a highly professional/ skilled point of view but what is the point here , I cannot help wondering. Incidentally Joost if you care to visit the personal websites of folks like DonM, Donnny, etc.etc. you will find you are not the only one who has an outstanding level of performance, added to which it needs additional qualities to be an allround entertainer and not just a talented keyboard or piano player.
Just as this forum is heading the right way I do not think we need post like this really. Let's focus on the great merits of the current and new generation of keyboards and try and help each other out by sound advice etc.
There I have said it.......

regards to ALL,
John

P.S. Saswick, your recordings have improved indeed imho. Keep up the good work. smile

John,

You have not done bad to say your hesitant to wade in, nearly 1000 words.