Tostie,
Suffice it to say that people have bad taste. Instead of Sinatra, Fitzgerald and company, they prefer "Rap" and even the supposed educated TV personalities etc refer to it as music. Think about it. If Rap is music then Mary Had A Little Lamb is some of the most sophisticated poetry ever written.

I bet in an average audience anywhere on Earth the majority of them will not be able to sing a simple melody in tune. I've had people argue that Johnny Cash and others were the greatest vocalist of all time.

Some of those guys were very entertaining making them terrific entertainers, but not by a long shot a good vocalist nor a good musician. Many were just at the right place at the right time and they became famous "entertainers," and they made plenty of money. Very, very few great musicians ever made plenty of money.

When I was in my teens our band was learning "September Song" and other standards and our competition was trying to play those songs too, with three chords. It didn't matter to the audience,they liked our competitors better then our band.

They had better equipment then us and very attractive uniforms. It's all about showmanship, not how good of a musician the person is. They were better entertainers then we were.

It even gets worse if the audience is intoxicated. It's life friend! Like my deceased sister-in-law said: "Life Sucks."Live it.

I go to the local bar and restaurant occasionally when I can't get the Saints or LSU on my TV. By the 4th quarter they start Karaoke. I can't believe the nerve of some people up there trying to sing. That's fine they are having fun and that is great. The sad part is that some of the audience think that that person is a terrific singer. Go figure.