Well, Zuki, I don't want to get too far off Dave's topic, but I'm working on getting a duo together next spring with a well known guitarist/vocalist. He is also retired from his day job, and wants to work about the same frequency as I do, which would be no more than twice a month.

At 64, and although I am enjoying my retirement, I'm realizing a few more limitations, but I still want to do some playing besides performing here at my apartment for friends who come by to listen.

I worked in a similar (guitarist/vocalist and keyboards) duo when I was living in Newfoundland some time ago and it was a lot of fun. Plus, I liked the social atmosphere and, of course, the challenge of doing interesting arrangements (as well as the extra loot...ha ha!). We played at a big fancy Yacht Club twice a month. There are a few such clubs here on Cape Breton Island, so it will be worth a look.

If I could sing even half as good as you, Dave, DonM, Gary and Donny (and other fine vocalists on SZ) I'd probably do a single, but I'm only good for backup vocals and the occasional song, and the duo setup seems to be a better sell around the area. Time will tell. At least I have the gear part of it looked after and paid for.

The PA-900 appears to be a fine instrument...hopefully you can find a workaround for loading your old sets. We were lucky to have Michael Bedesem and Jørgen to make special programs to let Yamaha arranger owners use data (registrations/styles) from older instruments, in newer ones. Not perfectly, in some cases, but still a great time saver.

Maybe someone at Korg can do the same for you guys?

In any case, the best of luck with any future endeavors.

Ian