Back to the subject!

OK - a few more revelations about how stupid I am.
I guess when I first got the 900, I was so used to the ultra-light keybed (Yamaha) action, that I adjusted the sensitivity to a similar response and it made the piano much too loud for the mix and the tracks. That issue has now been resolved by setting the sensitivity to a medium number, instead of a soft setting.
You've all heard about how the mic NEEDS to be a hi-z signal ... use a transformer cable for best results. I tried an outboard preamp, but I was so frustrated at that point that I really didn't fuss enough - I'm sure a mic pre would do the same thing, if it has 1/4" outs and you don't mind extra gear to lug and plug. I prefer simple ... as long as it sounds good, and it does ... now.
Styles - there are SO many conversions out there and so far ... almost NONE sound worth a crap without major tweaking, so I am now in the mindset of our Eastern musician friends - it's time to program or modify what I really need. No one is going to make this an "Uncle Dave" signature model but me, so that's my next quest. As soon as school starts again (next week), my summer schedule will relax a bit and I plan on spending time each night in making the styles more and more what I need. The problem is not that Korg makes bad styles - the problem is that they made TERRIFIC styles 15 years ago and got bored with the same-ole/same-ole and started doctoring them up and fancifying them ... now they're too fancy for MOTR work. I want simple patterns. I have lots of ballroom trained dancers that need a structured beat - I'll provide the fluff with my chords and vocals, but I want Ringo on the job ... and SOON!
(and that's all I have to say about that) ... thanx, Forrest.

Lastly, I have to reiterate how much my dear friends on this forum have helped me in this quest for "the sound" - it's been a particularly hard transition for me. Could be age. Could be product. Maybe a combination of the both, but I honestly can't remember having so much trouble making a new instrument "mine" in the past 2o years or so. They ALL worked great right away for me. Go figure.

So, off to the store to grab a spare transformer cable and then - back to the editing room!

Thanx guys and gals .. I LOVE this forum. Always have - always will.
smile