I stole that quote from Jerry Orbach in "Dirty Dancing" and it fits the situation to a TEE.

I hereby retract all my whining, complaining, outspoken criticisms of the PA900s TC vocal processor. It's such an eyeopener for a man of "seasoned" age to be reminded of the simple truths sometimes, and thanks to my dear friend Fran .... that's what has happened today. Listen up:

ALL MY CONCERNS ABOUT THE TONE ARE RELATED TO THE UNBALANCED CABLE. I don't know how I missed that, because I used outboard preamps, in-line mixers and different mics with the same results. Today, I hooked up an impedance transformer to my EV 767a mic and BAM! it's clean. (I feel so stupid)

I've never had that issue before, so I was reluctant to try it, but it's a 100% improvement. My sincere apologies to Korg and TC Helicon for my premature evaluation. (no nasty comments, please!) smile

Sigh ... old dog, new trick learned.

I'll fiddle with the settings and post an new audio demo this afternoon. As silly as I feel ... I'm also VERY EXCITED that I can use this thing the way I wanted to!!!!!!!!!!

Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!

One quick thing I tried was to process only the harmonies through the dynamics section - it allows more natural expression from my lead signal, and with the impedance matching transformer - it's much, much cleaner. I'll make several records to confirm, but I'm SO RELIEVED that I found (rather FRAN found) the problem to my sonic woes. Whew.

(Nobody puts Baby in a corner) LOL

Attachments
IMG_2974.jpg

Description: Me, smiling.