Thing is afaiacs, a lot of so called improv is merely the recital of scales.

In a lot of stuff there is no alternate melodies being played over an existing chordal movement, just a bunch of full or part jazz scales. TBH, it all gets rather boring listening to it. I can play scales, at quite a fast tempo as well, but I tend to try and re-create my own melodies over the chords as an improv, not just play a scale or two and call it original. I will even on occasion change the chordal structure, most of the time it is rather subtle.

Further, I think on this forum a lot of support or kudos tends to go only to those that are "liked" or are well known, and it is strongly objectified on many occasions. There are several little "cliques" on this forum that at times make it an unpleasant place to hang out at.

Lots of pretenders, not many princes.

Anyhow, good luck with your "COMPETITION" is anyone running a book?

I will be posting a few more tunes to my SC site, but I won't be advertising it here I can tell you, not that I am seeking or even need any comments from members here (my own enjoyment of playing the tunes is enough for me) , but it is simply not worth the grief and aggravation that many of these pissing contests here seem to engender in many members.

I do hope that the OP can remove his blinkers for long enough to realise there is more to jazz, improv and interpretation than simply playing a sh@#load of notes with no real theme, very quickly.

That's me done.
Cheers