Diki,
Are you gonna accept my post, edit them, send them back to me to post or what? Are you ignoring me, you don't like me, or are you deaf? Ha ha!

Diki, When I started back playing in 2001 or about, I couldn't play my old mouthpiece worth a crap. I was dumbfounded. I got in touch with my old sax friend who I hadn't seen since the middle sixties, but I knew he was still and always had been playing. He's gigged with Dr. John and even did some things and hung around a bit with David "Fathead Newman. I knew that if he couldn't help me no one could.

After we had a few chats on the phone for the next couple of months,I said I didn't want to embarrass him but wanted to ask a question that was very important to me. He said ask anything you want.

I said You've been playing music from the gitgo and I know that you couldn't hold a day gig for more than a couple of hours and laughed. I asked can you play like Dexter, Rollings, or Coltrane etc. He said exactly what you posted above.

He said Boo, there comes a time when you have to realize that they guys you're talking about were geniuses at what the did just like Einstein was a genius at what he did. You can't believe how much that profound statement kept me going.

He said you have to accept that and just do what you can do, and don't worry about what other cats can do. Diki, you two guys are from the same mold and this was nice to hear again from you even though you're all wrapped up in "Country." LOL!!!

You still know what you are talking about and appreciate jazz too. I'm glad you're a member here. I don't give a crap what anybody else thinks about ya. You're top notch even though you do step on some toes every now and again. Remember this: "The Truth Hurts," some people sometimes. LOL