Diki is on the right track here. I have a Tyros 3 and it is easy to use especially recording, customizing, etc. However there are few modern styles and too many ballroom, big band, easy listening old 50's, 60's, 70's styles. Now I also own a motif XF6 and while it has a more modern approach to sound there are still older style performances there as well that cover various Rock, R&B, Jazz, Dance, Trance, etc genres. But no Ballroom, easy listening, etc. These however are only examples and you can easily (short learning curve) create your own by simply selecting from the 8,000 arps and modifying tempo, effects, etc.

In this way I have the best of both worlds as I can create the Bass and drum parts on the Motif and combine them with selected channels of a Tyros Style, with some Tyros lead voices and Motif lead voices. Of course this required me to buy both. But you could buy a MOX and a 750 and get almost everything I have.

The problem the big three have is their Arrangers and Workstation groups are not even in the same country and the operating systems and overall designs of the two are very different.

So I don't believe we will see this mind meld soon. However the Arranger could be made more attractive to younger players if they did just three things:

1. Include only modern styles. Focus on the same genres that you find in the workstations and that allow the player to cover songs from the last 20 years or so. Also exclude ballroom, big band, easy listening,etc. Purge it.

2. This is the difficult one. Have a marketing strategy that gets demo equipment into the major chains ( Sam Ash, Guitar Center ) so people can try it and see how easy it would be to create or cover songs.

3. Get some major endorsements from actually bands or players.
Tyros 3, Motif XF6, Quad Amp/Pre-Amp/DAC, Quad Monitors, Tascam Digital Recorder