I present to you my wish list for the next TOTL Yamaha Arranger:

- New name: I'm bored of the name "Tyros" - it's at least 11 years old! A new name would signify a new look and direction.

- Smaller: For travelling musicians the Tyros is just too big. Korg managed to make the Pa3x look classy yet even when boxed it is still undersize (62 inches) and underweight (50lbs) and can be taken on any plane domestically or internationally for free. (Domestic airlines in the USA can charge up to $600 for a round trip!!)

- Balanced outputs: Let's face it: Most of us are not using DI boxes. This feature would just give the Yamaha a cleaner and better sound.

- New Direction in sound for bass and drums: Although Yamaha has excelled in so many ways, I personally feel that it has lacked a certain punch and clarity from its "kick" "snare" and "basses". There is something muddy about the Yamaha when played through a sound system with subs (and I've played it through MANY) - it lacks a certain punch and openess.

- More spots for custom drums: The Tyros currently only allows 20 custom drum kits. I for one have many more than this. I have about 15 Turkish and oriental kits, 10 Western kits, and many tweaked kits. Why limit us?

- Give all the features of the s950: In the past the MOTL arrangers have had drum kits and voices that were not added to the TOTL arranger. Can't figure out why...

- Remixing of preset styles: On the old PSR-8000 there was an option to remix the preset styles, change the OTS, and redesign the groove - without saving them as new custom styles. The remixed versions were saved in a folder called "Groove". This allows us to tweak without using up valuable Flash ROM.

- iPad integration for editing sounds: Instead of plugging into a PC for detailed editing, it would be great if we could plug into an iPad instead. I'm sure there are other iPad uses that can be though up.

- This is my big one: On the new S950, Yamaha added the option of Audio Multipads. I would like to see the option for time-stretching and pitch-shifting on Audio Multipads, so that we can record an actual audio instrument doing a solo, save it as a Multipad, and then trigger it at other keys and speeds (as can be done with audio mp3s on the S950). I currently use audio multipads for solos with my Tyros4 (long story how it's done), but whenever I have another singer or want to change the speed, the multipads become useless...

- Based on the S950, it seems obvious that with the next TOTL arranger Yamaha will be going the Audio Drums route. I'm very much looking forward to this. However it takes about 2 seconds to load an Audio style. Hopefully this time can be shortened or eliminated.

- Legacy: Yamaha has always been good about this, but it needs to be said considering that it looks like Yamaha is about to change direction: The next TOTL needs to be downward compatible with the Tyros4. Not having compatibility would be a big problem for me.

- 2GB Flash RAM: I hope I'm not asking too much by asking for the option to expand to 2GB of flash RAM (as on the Motif). I'm reaching my limit with all my custom sounds, drums, and multipad audio riffs.

- Allow us to easily import samples from common formats like Giga, Kontakt, AKAI, etc. Or at least give us tools to create UVNs!

- More Flash ROM memory - 6MB just ain't enough...

- EQ controls on the sounds. Currently there are just bass and treble controls, and they don't work properly.

- Quality mastering on the outputs!

So that's my list so far. Hopefully the right people will see this.

Chony

Edited by chony (03/14/13 10:48 PM)