I did read it, Dennis. But, as I pointed out, this is a MUCH thornier problem than it appears at first (it took you a while to grok the implications), James may have missed some of the implications, and again, as useful as this seems to be, why no programmer yet has actually done it tends to let me remain a hair skeptical.

I am not sure why this skepticism is so upsetting. Just SAYING it can be done without example isn't exactly proving it. I realize you perhaps feel 'invested' in your choice of equipment, and may perhaps feel uncomfortable admitting that there MIGHT be something it can't do (mind you, as admitted, no other arranger or any hardware keyboard with the exception of that expansion board can do it either, so I'm not trying to put YOUR choice down), but my goal is not to denigrate ANYTHING, merely to suggest that this capability MIGHT be useful, and perhaps spark a little interest (by all other than Donny, who never heard of anything he doesn't currently have that he might possibly use!) in the idea of it!

Horn section parts are one of the least successfully emulated sounds, primarily because of the 'stacked' nature of them. The sample itself is either unison or octave playing of an entire section, so unless you only ever play ONE note, you get that issue of the ensemble doubling or tripling in size as you chord, and you ALSO have the issue of it only being accurate in a tiny section of the keyboard, because a real section would have some of the parts within it dropping down or up an octave as it gets higher or lower.

You see, unlike SOME here, to me a keyboard is a MUSICAL instrument, not an 'investment' for a 'profitable return'. But hey, if that's all anyone thinks about the thing they pour their heart and soul into (or not!), perhaps staying out of discussions where musical improvements are talked about, and stick to discussions of paid gigs, booking strategies, and contract disputes might be better!

If this ever gets added to an arranger you end up using, and you actually LIKE the sound, you can thank me later!