124, I just put the info for building chord structure for ones who may not know the basics.

You know there were many mistakes in the old fake books that we had to buy on the black market years ago. Not so, with the new legal ones printed today. There may be a mistake here or there but nothing like the old books

You'd be surprised how much you will progress if you work with one. As you start to use the more complex tunes, you’ll get exactly what many musicians are looking for. That's a feel for and a knowledge of how everything comes together. You'll see how one tune relates to another tune with similar chord structure.

For example: One day you may be working on a tune in the key of C and figure out that where there is an E7 chord coming up you may want to try a Bm7 or a Bm7b5 right before the E7 chord. Why? Because a month back you actually ran across this E7 chord in another tune where the Bm7 or Bm7b5 was written into the chord structure just before the E7 in the same key of C.. This happens all over the place in all the different keys. The Bm7 or Bm7b5 in this instance would be the "Passing chord. The E7 is the primary chord.

"Maybe the person who wrote this song that you're working on now, really didn't understand chord structure and was just copying the chords from a another song that he was familiar with that some "country song writer wrote. Ha ha! (This will get DonM commenting again. Incidentally, it wouldn't be a bad idea to try to copy DonM's attitude. Man he has thick skin. I think that's why he is more popular here than the rest of us!!))

I hope that I’m explaining all of this right. I know when my high school teacher sat down and showed me at the piano for maybe 10 minutes this number system for figuring out how to build a chord, it was like someone opened a huge barn door in my head. And guess what? I’m not a pimple on a rocket scientist’s A$$.

Man I hope one serious minded learning musician on this forum gets something out of all of this posting. I'd consider the time that we spent well worth it and a success.