Originally Posted By: Scottyee
My two cents (for what it's worth) . . .

When I first joined Synthzone over 12 years ago, I too had hoped the discussions included more about music theory (scales, chords, chord progressions, chord substitutions, chord extensions, on bass/pedal, arranger orchestration, etc), as well as arranger keyboard specific "playing" technique. When I initially brought up rootless jazz chord voicings, I was poo-poo'ed and even accused by a few members of coming off like an elitist snob, so gave up any idea of this place being anything else other than an informative, and often combative 'gear debate' forum. I suspect the reason could be the membership's extreme variance of music background, experience, and education. I also discovered early on that being a 'Pro' musician here doesn't necessarily reflect one's musicianship skill level.

I for one want to continually improve as a musician, so it will be interesting to find out how many others here are really seriously interested in becoming better arranger keyboard players, or simply content maintaining the status quo, whatever level it may currently be (from beginner to advanced).

Scott,

I may have to admit I ain't going to get much better than I am now on account of my brain being overloaded, in short I am learnt up. I might even be slipping backwards down the hill, and over it. violin

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey