Setting the Panel Memory's with individual Performance Pads may be different depending on what & how you load your Panel Memories. I know that some of you use the Panel Memory to store your individual songs, using more than one memory per song....

My system is a bit different because I store the on-board styles rather than specific songs to the panel memory. Example: All 8 memories in PM-A are dedicated to "Latin Rhythms", PM-B is "Super Good Sounds", PM-C is Piano combos. PM-1 is "Jazz", etc....

I do a lot of "tweaking" and changing of instruments in each rhythm AND also add a performance pad that I like. When I have the sounds I like (in that moment) I press the center "set" button FIRST, then, while holding the set button down also, the number of the memory I want to save to.

Additional information: In the "Sound Memory"....My favorite instruments that I have "tweaked" are saved here so that when I choose an instrument for one of my stored rhythms, there they are all sound tweaked just the way my "hear" wants them!

As long as I remember to Save everything when I close down the entire program, everything newly changed is saved every time, including each performance pad I have selected for each rhythm.

I mark my music (in pencil) with the specific Panel Memories that have the rhythm or rhythms I like to use for that music....

It is necessary to be sure that you have programed your 7K to save everything... I forget just where that instruction is located....

Finally, I suspect that however you set up your Panel Memory, adding the Performance Pads before you save to SD will add them each time.....

If anyone has any challenge with this, let me know and I will attempt to help further. It will feel so good to know that I have actually helped someone with 7K programming! ;)) Elizabeth