Originally Posted By: leeboy
arranger_yes_pc_no,
Download the PA2XPRO manual and look at pages 187 onward for the sequencer mode...PRO features all the way..then onpage 194-196 is the backing sequence record (Quick Record) where it explains the chord/acc track and the kbd/pad grouped tracks.....
Hope this helps to see if it fits what you want.

yes, I did examine the manuals of the PA2X and the PA800 again last night, and indeed it seems that the 'chord track' is there!

I won't be able to afford an used PA2X for now, so will buy the PA800 and see how the puppy behaves smile

The only reasons why I chose Yamaha were purely the 'chord track' as main reason ,and the sounds, but now things are starting to change as a Korg arranger might be what I really want.

Korg explains this 'chord track' concept in totally different terms, also on their website they specify the sequencer as 'Quick record' , 'Multitrack' and 'step sequence'.

The first two are present in most arrangers, so nothing new about them, but by 'step Record' I thought it was simply a step sequencer where you enter one note at a time for everything.

That spec fooled me, because the fact that the Korg allows this 'chord track' thing, changes all my perspective about the Korg.

Thanks for mentioning this important feature. Got to get a Korg ASAP as I am very curious about it smile

But yeah the 'chord sequencer' being called a 'chord looper' would definitely represent more what it really does, I agree with the OP.
It sort of neatly describes it's true function.