Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Hi guys.

The first sound for example is......
MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 0 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/GM Folder/001 Acoustic Grand.gig' 0 0.5 PERSISTENT '001 Acoustic Grand'

Can someone please break that down for me.

I'm thinking of writing a Librarian.

Regards
James

ciao james
I try to explain you how is working..
The LSCP are only a txt file script that the Linuxsampler load all automatically on startup or when you send this type of messages.
here you can find the all linuxsampler documentation: http://www.linuxsampler.org/api/lscp-1.4.html#MIDI%20Instrument%20Mapping

So, your point is:
"MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT 0 0 0 GIG '/home/mediastation/GigaLibrary/GM Folder/001 Acoustic Grand.gig' 0 0.5 PERSISTENT '001 Acoustic Grand'"
MAP MIDI Instruments: mean load and map the giga sound.
first 0: 0= Chromatic sounds, 1= Drum Kit sounds
Second 0: MSB+LSB number ( are merged)
Third 0: Program change
'/home/mediastation/...is the path of the .gig file
Then you have the 0.5: it mean the volume of this sound
Persistent: here we have 3 loading mode:
A) On demand=Mean that Load this sound only when this program change is recalled, first load in chace the 64kb RAM wav and then will play.When this sounds is not more used, will automatically deleted from the Ram ( happen when is change a program change on the same CH)
B) On Demand Hold= same as before, but will NOT deleter from the ram chace, always Hold on system
C) persistent: mean that this sound will loaded from script and always present on system. when you send program changes with all Persisten sounds, they will play asap, like a ROM system, without any chace preloading.

All the others numbers and sounds names are used for Send by TCP network message to the slave device, where can display the name of the sound.