Quote:
Originally posted by Irishacts:
Ian, I believe you said you have worked for Yamaha for 30 years?

That considered, I don't expect you to even entertain my view. Your not an end user in the same sense as everyone else here. It's in your interest to dismiss everything I say.

Regards
James.

That's the problem James...I do see your view in regards to both companies having different strategies. I don't dismiss your points in that respect.

However, I don't share your view that one company is better at making arrangers than the other, or one strategy is superior to the other ...I'm much more open minded, in that respect.

Both companies make exceptional arrangers...both market them very successfully...both cater to a different age group and/or user.

Promote your favorite company all you like, but consider how shallow a promotion becomes when you have to put down another company in the process.

Have I been guilty of something similar?

Yep, but, I like to think I've moved on from needing to do that sort of thing any more. All it creates is pissing contests, and, in many cases, bad feelings, and it ultimately shows how insecure one has to be to do it in the first place.

I am an end user, just like you are, and I am not limited to buy only Yamaha, nor am I restricted in being open about using another brand for personal or professional use. I'm simply very content with the type of arranger being made by Yamaha...it is better, only in the respect that it suits my needs and playing style more closely than any other brand.

Best wishes,

Ian