Quote:
Originally posted by spalding1968:
come on people ! get real. The problem was identified this week. Yamaha USA said that they may here back from Yamaha in a week or two !! Just how quickly did you think this problem wouild be looked at ?????

Someone needs to manage your expectations. If yamaha respond and fix the problem in a couple of months then thats quick service by any standards. The faults that have been identified whilst important to you are not critical to the functioning of the keyboard and to probably 98% of the users of the instrument. What yamaha are likely to do is wait afew months to see if there are any other bugs reported and then send an OS update to mop up most of the problems.

Dont be too upset if they dont resolve each and every fault that is reported the week that it is reported !!!

I guess I'm from the 2% who has an expensive $3500 paperweight sitting in my house...

For myself and many of my ethnic contacts around the world (Jewish, Turkish, Arabic, etc), the T4 is useless. We do not use the preset styles in the Yamaha and rely completely on its customization.

I'm not sure why you think a company should have more than a week to get back on what I believe are serious issues. And a couple of months to fix it? That's out of the question for me.

The way I look at it, I bought a faulty product. I am doing everything in my power to not have to burden Frank by returning this to him, but I simply cannot wait "months" for a fix. I'm not sure how you are doing financially, but I cannot afford to have two Tyros keyboards right now.

Many companies would love to have you as a customer. You are very fortunate to be able to claim that you could plonk down thousands of dollars for something you can't use, and be satisfied to wait months for a fix, and even praise them for the quick service... Unfortunately I'm not in that position. I either need a quick fix or my money back :-(

(For the record: I'd prefer the fix.)

[This message has been edited by chony (edited 11-05-2010).]