Chony,here's an update from me:

The results can be variable, which partly explains why some may see a problem while others don't. Even in my case I couldn't repeat the initial results of yesterday. But today I tried again on the same style I tested (preset BigBandJazz) and after an OK save started to get "wrong" volumes on some parts again. (I'm making changes to many parts, not necessarily following your video precisely to the letter).

The strangest thing is if you run the style the bass flips from vol. 44 to 90 to 44 as you change LH chords and you can hear it happening. Note this is with Style Touch off. You don't have to hit at different velocities to produce it- just change to different chords.
Whatever it is seems to be saved in the edited style, because I can load it and it happens again.

Maybe the type of style is important too. The above is a session style. I haven't found a problem yet with a preset Pro style eg. ModBigBandBld. Although I haven't spent long trying.

It's good you have Steve involved.

PS re Stephen's comments above it appears that if a part is not used - and Rhy1 is often not used in Presets - whatever edits you make may not show up in that part. I was finding unused Rhy1 was sticking at 100 on the preset style I used.

John

[This message has been edited by jwyvern (edited 11-02-2010).]

[This message has been edited by jwyvern (edited 11-02-2010).]