If I'm going to play JUST piano, then yes, a wood 88 every time... But if I have to play that AND organ parts, AND synth parts, and splits AND any other damn thing they want me to (or I want to!), and I don't feel like hauling two or three keyboards around (a PSR and a wood 88, in cases, would outweigh my portly G70 by quite a bit!), I have little choice.

Just about ANY one keyboard choice is an exercise in compromise, there's no ONE choice that perfectly covers all the bases (or we would ALL be using it!), so size and type decision is mostly an exercise in damage control! Which size compromises you the LEAST..?

For me, that has to be a plastic 76. Big enough to play proper piano parts if you HAVE to play them, light enough to play organ parts if you HAVE to play them, big enough to split into sizable sections if you HAVE to play a lot of splits, and no need to haul two keyboards around unless doing the most uncompromising studio parts. And that AIN'T what an arranger is all about!

I've got a feeling that, if I ever did ONLY arranger gigs, and HAD to use a 61, I could get used to it. But I doubt I would ever feel truly happy about it...

I prefer the familiarity and comfort of using just ONE keyboard I am intimately familiar with for ALL my live work rather than one rig for arranger, another rig of multiple keyboards for live band, another rig for studio. Once you go beyond 'pure' arranger play, at least FOR ME, I think that the 76 is basically your ONLY choice for a one keyboard rig...

Right now, Yamaha simply don't offer you the opportunity to find out for yourself whether, if they DID make a lightweight 76 PSR, you would choose to use it. But I have a sneaky suspicion that, if they did, you might find those same priorities (the ability to use ONE piece of gear for everything) might become very appealing...