Quote:
Originally posted by Diki:
However, by the time you have seen any answer to the T4 from Korg, and especially Roland , you will be asking, why not wait for the T5?! Especially as the product cycle seems to be getting shorter and shorter for Yamaha, it might only be a year or so before Yamaha roll out another one. They'll CERTAINLY roll out a new PSR in this window, and you are MUCH more likely to want that than a Tyros, anyway (you sure didn't feel the need to go to the T3 after you got your S910).

But the bottom line is, somebody is ALWAYS going to be 'just about' to release something in the near future (and 'near future' seems to be getting longer and longer if you go by most on this forum!) whenever you are about to make a purchasing decision. At some point or another, you simply have to pull the trigger, or you'll end up holding on to your arranger almost as long as me!

In your case, Donny, I would be waiting for the PSR's next MOTL offering... You've already tried every manufacturer (other than Wersi) and none of the new offerings are a radical departure from their older siblings. Whatever you hated about them is most likely still in the new version.

Wait for the new PSR... That's the REAL 'smart decision'!

EXACTLY.

More than a decade ago, when I was working in a computer store, I was telling prospective customers looking to buy a PC, the very same thing:

"Yes, if you wait, sure there will be a better and cheaper PC for you to buy, but while you wait, you won't have any PC, will you?". Maybe 8 times out of ten, they saw the light, they got the PC they wanted right then, instead of waiting. And I strongly suspect that the other 2 who preferred to wait, never got one.