Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Donny, you are rushing too much again....the Best keyboard (G70) is only 5 years old..

That's bull poo Fran...the G-70 is just the best keyboard for YOU, and maybe two or three others here on SZ.

It ain't the best keyboard for me, Donny, Steve, Genny (the little sweetie) and quite a few more.

The BEST keyboard is the one that meets the needs of the player, and in my case, right now, it is the PSR-S910, which is not even a TOTL arranger, but for MY purposes, absolutely blows away a portly, old and fewer featured G-70.

If the G-70 was the best at everything, we'd all have one...but it ain't.

Neither is Tyros (in all it's iterations), or the PSR, or any of the Korgs, or the Audya.

It's been said here many times, "There is no best, or perfect arranger"....but there can be an arranger that is best at meeting a player's needs"

If the G-70 meets your needs so well, why are you always buying something you can take to certain gigs instead of it?

It meets Diki's needs so well, he bought two of them...much like Gary D with his two PSR-3000...I'm surprised, since you gig so often, you don't have two G-70's, because eventually you're not going to be able to get parts, and you will need to cannibalize one them to keep the other running...and I'm sure, since it is the best for your needs, you probably will want to use it as long as possible.

The G-70 is the best in your eyes...but, be realistic, and consider the many other "bests" out there before you make such blanket statements.

Ian