Hi Guys.
Reading through this there I can see there is a huge misunderstanding of what KARMA is.

KARMA can function exactly like an arranger minus the fillin, intro/ending functions. On KARMA you have to actually select the Scenes (variations to you guys). So you have to manually press the button where you guys don't.

You can for example pull a factory style from the Pa2X and convert it into GE's which can be assigned to a COMBI sound. In short, that single COMBI sound is now both sounds and performs exactly like an arranger keyboard.

Where you guys are getting lost is everything I've just said above is about 5% of what KARMA has to offer.

It can do the basic style thing you guys are used to, and then if you want it can go WAY further.

The Random side to KARMA is not what you guys think either. There's no unknown random side to it, it's all totally controllable and assignable. Meaning you can take a predictable style and by moving a few faders build hear the same style playing back now as a new variation of the original. Much like you guys hear when you press the variation button only there is no limit to how far you can go with this.

You can use it to generate variations of the original, or you can push it to make entirly new styles.

So picture this, you load up an 8 Beat from a PA2X and instead of you guys writing styles, you simply share settings that turn the style into countless others.

Again, I'm still only scratching this surface of what it can do. As for why it does not exactly come from the factory preloaded with the typical type of content you guys are looking for is simple. KARMA is implemented on Workstations and not Arrangers.

If it was implanted on an Arranger then the GE's would be more suited to the type of music you guys play. The technology doesn't necessarily have to change, just the content it comes with.

A learning curve is required, but the same can be said about any sort of progarmming be it writing GE's or Styles.

Regards
James